The Nissan Club banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Topnotch Mechanic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an unfortunate accident and I shattered my windshield. I was wondering how hard it is to swap one out. I am mechanically inclined and I have done a rear windshield on my truck, but is there anything special about the alty glass? I also want to know what I should seal it with. I am going ot buy the rubber molding, but what kind of sealant(silicone,epoxy)? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
wouldn't your insurance cover this? better to let a pro do it since the glass had better be on right since the passenger side airbag uses it as a brace when it goes off. if the glass isn't on properly, the bag will blow that glass out.. why take a chance?

·
Topnotch Mechanic
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, insurance won't cover it. I have had my alty for 2 years now. It's a 93 auto, so I don't have a pass side airbag. I do all my own work on all my vehicles, because I work as a mechanic and I know what professionals do. They reason I want to do it myself is because the cheapest labor I found was $175+$100 for the windshield and I found a windshield for $60 at a junk yard. The shop also had no warranty on leaks. The only shop that did gave me an estimate of $650.

·
"Queen of the Miles"
163 Posts
I had mine replaced via used windshield ($85)
and labor was $75.
Total was $160......

You have to be careful because, if not installed properly
it could leak.

Try: ALL-TECH AUTO EMPORIUM In Harvey, IL

Ask for Mike (708) 333-8000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.