The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I'm having issues with my winshield washer. The fluid stopped coming out of both nozzles, hear the pump on the far right of the vehicle while inside the car making noise when activated. I'm hoping that means the pump is still good and I have a clog somewhere, I can't find a diagram for how the lines run, and I can't see the lines when the hood is up I am assuming they are ran through the shroud where they are placed and are tucked somewhere throughout the frame.

I have tried taking a small pin to see if it was clogged at the nozzle for each one but no avail, I'm trying to see if I can go without taking the bumper off to access the reservoir,pump and line instead free up a clog elsewhere.
Any advice or information would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Here's a rough diagram of what the tubing looks like.

From the front right corner of your bumper cover, the tube runs up and directly along the fender all the way up to the hood. Then it branches out to both nozzles.

The easiest way for you to find it will be to remove the inner fender liner and pull it back some. I'd imagine you could just unplug it at the reservoir and both nozzles then blow through it. Although I can't say I've ever had one clog myself.

While you've got the line off, you could try squirting some fluid out to see if it comes out directly from the reservoir or not.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,753 Posts
Park indoors for a few hours and retry. If you use cheap washer fluid, it can freeze in the lines.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Park indoors for a few hours and retry. If you use cheap washer fluid, it can freeze in the lines.
It happened during the summer before it got cold, I just wasn't concerned about it but I should have dealt with it then, I'm hoping it's just a clog but I'll have try and see.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey there, I'm having issues with my winshield washer. The fluid stopped coming out of both nozzles, hear the pump on the far right of the vehicle while inside the car making noise when activated. I'm hoping that means the pump is still good and I have a clog somewhere, I can't find a diagram for how the lines run, and I can't see the lines when the hood is up I am assuming they are ran through the shroud where they are placed and are tucked somewhere throughout the frame.

I have tried taking a small pin to see if it was clogged at the nozzle for each one but no avail, I'm trying to see if I can go without taking the bumper off to access the reservoir,pump and line instead free up a clog elsewhere.
I've had to replace the pump a couple of times. Fairly easy once you open the inner fender. Go for OEM or good quality, don't go cheap.

·
Registered
3 Posts

I've had to replace the pump a couple of times. Fairly easy once you open the inner fender. Go for OEM or good quality, don't go cheap.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is it possible for the pump to still make noise but still not deliver the fluid?
I'm uncertain how these pumps work internally.
Yea I watched a video for 06 altimas and muranos I don't know most Nissan vehicles the procedure is the same as far as location goes. This weekend when I have access to a heated garage I will be digging into this to attempt to find the problem either lines or pump.

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Is it possible for the pump to still make noise but still not deliver the fluid?
I'm uncertain how these pumps work internally.
Yea I watched a video for 06 altimas and muranos I don't know most Nissan vehicles the procedure is the same as far as location goes. This weekend when I have access to a heated garage I will be digging into this to attempt to find the problem either lines or pump.

Thanks for the info.
Yes. I've had it make noise and still be bad. Easiest way to test it is to: Open the fender, pull off the output tube, have someone operate the pump.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I solved the issue and it was something really simple, the 90 connector disconnected from the line running inside the windshield shroud. The only thing I could think of as to why it got disconnected was because my windshield got changed out due to someone smashing it in my driveway and the installer disconnected it and forgot about it.

But thankfully something so simple but I have a pump on hand if anything happens in the future.
Thanks for your help.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts