The Nissan Club banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well yesterday the windshield wiper fluid finished and I filled it up. Today I try to clean my windshield and nothing comes out... I held it there for at least 5 minutes and I know nothing is frozen because I used the orange stuff. My bro-in law suggested that the motor might be burned out and I'll have to take it to the dealership. Has anyone had similar problems??

Dennis

·
not a new member
29 Posts
yeah, I had nothing coming out when I rolled off the showroom floor, you don't check those things, I guess. I took it back to the dealer, who said the hose was being piched when the hood was closed and they said they re-routed it. now I get nice little squirts that don't even reach the windshield. somehow I don't think this is what should be goin on. I'm taking it back again. can I invoke the lemon law if they can't fix this? you know it is a safety hazard to not be able to clear the window of mud/snow/birds**t. just kidding.

·
Frozen Member
411 Posts
1greek4u said:
Well yesterday the windshield wiper fluid finished and I filled it up. Today I try to clean my windshield and nothing comes out... I held it there for at least 5 minutes and I know nothing is frozen because I used the orange stuff. My bro-in law suggested that the motor might be burned out and I'll have to take it to the dealership. Has anyone had similar problems??

Dennis
try it when the motor is not running but with the key on. you should be able to hear the wiper fluid motor.

·
Always something better
1,037 Posts
Your not suppost to run the spray wiper motor for more than 15 to 30 seconds at least that is what it say in my owners manuals, you could have burned it out, when you had it on for 5 minutes did the level drop

·
Registered
49 Posts
pinched water hose...

To test your's, open the hood and then try, if it works it a pinched hose, I had this too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.