The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably in the manual but I'll have to go back and review it.

Left the car in my garage last night when I got home from work with the front windows down and just the drivers door unlocked. Came back later on to wash the windshield and started on the outside left front. Walked around, did the outside right front then tried to open the right front door to sit down to do the right front inside shield. The door was locked so I reached in, unlocked it and opened the door.

Horn BLASTS with lights flashing on two-second intervals. I go into the house and grab keys w/fob and press panic button but it keeps blasting & flashing. I had to insert key into ignition to stop it.

Pretty cool. I guess the idea is if someone smashes a window, unlocks and opens the door, the Alty goes into panic mode. I would imagine the computer also disables the ignition at that point rendering the car undrivable.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
About two months ago there was a lot of discusson on this issue. I will guess that you didn't leave the keys in the car. I found under that situation, the doors self lock and of course as it occured to me, at 6am in the garage, the alarm went off and the keys were up three flights of steps. Another thing that some people have experienced is getting locked out at the gas pump. I think it is very easy to accidently hit the door lock switch and I have done it a few times. Fortunately, I always leave the window open when I get gas so it wasn't a big problem for me. However, there were some that were not so lucky

·
Registered
833 Posts
Altimastates said:
I go into the house and grab keys w/fob and press panic button but it keeps blasting & flashing.

Why would you hit the panic button, this would only put it into double panic mode. There are three other buttons on the fob, I would not try the trunk release cause then the car is in panic mode and your trunk is open, it is the unlock button that will stop the horn blasting mode.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
The only time I've found mine automatically locks the doors is when I unlock them with the remote but never re-lock it and don't use the key for anything (like when you go to get something out of the back seat but you leave it unlocked afterwards).

Kind of neat, kind of annoying. I tend to get fussy about what my car does automatically for me...not sure if I like this feature yet or not.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
e-squared posted:
Why would you hit the panic button, this would only put it into double panic mode. There are three other buttons on the fob, I would not try the trunk release cause then the car is in panic mode and your trunk is open, it is the lock button that will stop the horn blasting mode.
I have another car w/fob & red panic button. press once it goes into panic mode, press again and it stops. My thought was that it would stop as opposed to double panic mode. As it turned out, I'm thinking that inserting the key into the ignition stopped it, but I don't know for sure at this point. I'll have to try it again with the key ready for action.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts