The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
!!Official Per4mance!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys whats up? I am having trouble with the sparkplug wires in my car. I bought new stock ones cuz my old ones the dried up inside the engine and where falling apart as I changed them. now the new ones barely reach the inlets where they go and keep poping out. I be driving and my rpm's drop. I pull over and open the engine and 2 out of the 4 wires are half way out. What kind of wires should I get so that this doesnt occer. my car shuts off on me at least once a day too. i think its cuz I've never replace the fuel filter or the cap and rotor on it though and I put 80,000 miles on it. but I am changing all this at the same time. I just need advice on what wire, cap and rotor, and fuel filter to get. I know i am getting bosch platinum 4's.

thank you for all your help.
Omar Payano

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
NGK wires NGK PLUGS

but stock wires shouldnt be short.. damn shouldnt pop out !demand a refund !

·
Registered
195 Posts
All of the stock wires in my '94 GXE are made by Sumitomo so I think NGK was not the only plug wire supplier. If the wires you bought don't fit they are the wrong ones. Stock wires have plenty of extra length.

·
!!Official Per4mance!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
its messed up too, cuz its not the first time it happens. I have ngk's in the car. and the last pair I had where bosch. but they were short too. before that, I had accel wires. they where ok and long

·
Lookin' for a hooptie
1,125 Posts
what brand did you buy anyway?

Get NGK wires, dealer cap , rotor , fuel filter and stay away from bosch 4's, its all hype.
If you gotta get platinums just get NGK plats. Otherwise stick with coppers and change them more often.

·
!!Official Per4mance!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I got them at autozone. I am gonna change them in about a week when I get paid

·
!!Official Per4mance!!
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah I figured. I went to autozone on Sat. to get them changed and the replacement wires where even harder to put on from how short they where. and I cant even get a full refund because I dont have the original box to the wires. Im just gonna get either dealer or aftermarket wires now. Which set would be the best bang for the buck.
thanks guys for all your help.
Omar

·
Registered
63 Posts
I had the same problem with autozone's wires, except mine werent short but they would keep popping out on me, I took them back and asked for my money back and they told me NO! because they were already used, NO SH#T I had to try them on, so what I eneded up doing is this: theres a metal clip inside the rod at the end of the cable, I pulled it out and tighten it a little bit just enough so that it would clip onto the spark plug, I stuck it back in and its worked fine ever since, hope this helps out a bit, mayube thats why it seems short, it probably just doesnt clip on to the spark plug...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts