The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright im confused. I just bought my amp wiring kit. it contains 4 bundles of wires. Ones blue n realy skinny - i know that speaker wire. then it as a 17 feet 8 gauge wire power/ ground cable with batery conector. but six inches down from the connector tere is this little box with a cap n under the cap is is like this fuse things - looks like somethin from you fuse box. do i havta do anything with it. then it randomly has 4 feet of gorund/power cable. wit no connecotr or anything. What the point of this. I aint suppossed to go from my trunk to back of sterio with it. Then if has rca interconnect cable with 2 connectors on each end. wut do i do with all these wires. the instructions so 2 wires from stero leading to amp. one says 12v amp remote turn on. wheres tis wires - is it the speaker wire. HELP PLEASE

·
Torqueless wonder...
2,586 Posts
the fuse holder is from the battery to fuse holder to amp power , second cable for just grounding to the ground on amp, speaker wires... do you have a wire for the remote turn on for the amp?

·
Banned
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah just 2 ground cables, rca to amp n back of sterio n speaker. it said to use the speakers wires.

·
Torqueless wonder...
2,586 Posts
i'm talkin about the setup not ur kit... the speaker wire would have dual wires with a + on one of them and the remote turn on is a single wire...

·
Domestic Attitude
232 Posts
You gotta be kiddin me!!! It doesn't sound like you should be putting this system in your car by yourself. I think you should find someone that knows what there doing and have them help you.

619 Posts
yeah bro....don't do this yourself....you shouldn't be installing an amp if you don't know what the wires you are looking at are for.... you have 4 wires....... ONE (often red) 8ga. or larger...power wire.... runs from the battery 24" or less ( maybe 18") to the fuse/fuse holder....then from the fuse...you drill through the fire wall...use a grommet to avoid water getting in....then the power wire runs down the driverside tray on the floor to the trunk to the amp....then ONE (often black/brown) 8ga or larger...GROUND wire...runs from a piece of metal on your car to the ground on the amp...again this wire should be short, no more than 2 feet.... next is (ALMOST ALWAYS) a thing BLUE wire...this is your REMOTE wire....it goes from the remote wire that you splice from behind the dash......and then run to the amp along the driver's side tray to your amp.... then lastly...is the set of RCA's...they run from the back of your head unit down the PASSENGER side of the car...to your amp.... then attrach the speaker wire...... 14 ga??? to your sub/speakers...and VOILA.....but you....you shouldn't be doing this alone!!

·
It's almost over now!!
3,660 Posts
um...if you don't know what the wires are, then i wouldn't...don't laugh because the simplest wire problems can cause your nice 95 gxe to become a nice barbecue pit after the interior goes up in smoke!
run down on the wires:
small blue wire=remote turn-on lead (goes from headunit-->amp)
large red wire=power lead from battery (positive) MUST be fused within 18's of battery terminal, I advise to use at least a 60a fuse at all times!
black wire usually shorter! (hopefully) is the ground wire, connect this with a good terminal to a CLEAN metal position within 18ins from the amp!
rca's this is self explanitory.
other rules when installing=
Put the inline fuse in the holder last, there is nothing worse than ruining new equipment becuase of a 12v power surge!
if the amp doesn't turn on, turn off car, take fuse out...re-check lines!
I hope this will help somewhat.
BUT, I do not advise an amatuer installer to do installs WITHOUT having supervision of someone more expierenced! I'm not putting your skills down, I'm just hoping that your car doesn't end up an insurance claim!
peace
Bushdog

·
Registered
288 Posts
BenF715 said:
i kno wut i doin
you don't know shit. you don't even know how to spell/talk/type like a normal person and you sure as hell don't know what wires are so do your car and your stereo a favor and get it installed professionally.

sorry to be mean but you really have no idea what you're doing and you won't even admit it.

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
or u should read up on this cause it's really easy...i install this myself and i'm not that good at workin on cars compare to these guys...but yeah there should be instructions on the kit

1 - 16 of 16 Posts