The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I got my spoiler on a few weeks ago and I've just been lazy about getting the wiring finished. But now that damn wire hanging down in the middle of the trunk is bugging me. Can anyone give me a good description of where and how to wire this up to the third brake light. There is a ribbed conduit piece that runs under my trunk hood. I'm wondering if that houses the wires I need, or do I need to look in a different place. Any comments or suggestions on this would help. Pics would be GREAT! Let me know what worked well for you and what to avoid. Thanks guys!

·
spinnin' !
226 Posts
Look at your deck where the current 3rd brake light is. You will see 2 wires running to it through a gromet. Depending on which spoiler you got, it will have the same connector on it that the current 3rd brake light uses and you just have to transfer the connection to the spoiler brake light. Alternatively you can splice into the 2 wires and run both or finally cut and join those 2 wires to your spoiler 3rd brake light. It's quite obvious what does what; one is black one is red.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, just needed to know where to look for the wires. Sounds easy enough. No connector so I'll just cut and splice. I wanted to get rid of the in-car 3rd brake light anyway!

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
My trunk wa pre wired for a spoiler light. There was a seperate conenction stuck to the trunk waiting for the spoiler. Maybe you have one there as well:dunno:

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
DJKhan85 said:
My trunk wa pre wired for a spoiler light. There was a seperate conenction stuck to the trunk waiting for the spoiler. Maybe you have one there as well:dunno:
i had no idea the trunk was prewired. i just went in and started hacking at the wires :D .

·
Registered
124 Posts
The 2.5S w/o convenience package doesn't come prewired for the spoiler. You need the harness kit from Nissanwholesalepart.com but I didn't install the spoiler yet. OR you can just run the wire all the way to the third brake light and splice those two wires. Hope that helps

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
tim625 said:
May I ask what exactly is meant by 'splicing wires'? how is it done and what tools are needed?
just means to directly connect two wires w/ o using the harness either by way of the little blue splicer thingamajig or by stripping the wires and connecting them that way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts