The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing the reverse glow guages on my 99 Altima, and so far i have gotten everything in up until the wiring which is where Im stuck. I am particularly stuck at the point where it says to hook up the red and black wires to the dimmer switch. Can anyone give me a detailed description of the wiring for this installation. Thanks...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I've been using that site, but im still kind of confused.

Can anyone give me a simple wiring schematic of that connection?

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
i can't but when you decide to put everything back together, let me know how you put the dash cover back on. i can't seem to snake it back on.

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
Hook the red power wire from the indiglo gauges to the blue wire (not the red wire) coming from the dimmer switch. Hook the black wire from the gauges to the black wire (ground) from the dimmer switch. Simple

·
Retired
1,021 Posts
Putting the dash back on is a piece of cake. Just give it a gently 'knock' all around the edges of the dash and it should get back in there. If you're talking about getting the dash bezel thingy in between the steering wheel and the top of the dashboard, that can be a bit tricky. Don't be afraid to bend the dash in order to get it to squeeze through. It won't break.

If it does...it ain't my fault. ;) (but it didn't break for me so it shouldn't break for you!)

·
588 Posts
i recomend the red/blue wire from the headlight/turn signal switch, thats if you want to turn it on with your headlights, if nto go with wat the other members are saying

·
Registered
105 Posts
Has anyone put their gauges in then the needles are off? What do you do then? that happened to me and all my gauges are off now. please help

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
dee27kay said:
Putting the dash back on is a piece of cake. Just give it a gently 'knock' all around the edges of the dash and it should get back in there. If you're talking about getting the dash bezel thingy in between the steering wheel and the top of the dashboard, that can be a bit tricky. Don't be afraid to bend the dash in order to get it to squeeze through. It won't break.

If it does...it ain't my fault. ;) (but it didn't break for me so it shouldn't break for you!)
i was referring to the dash bezel. i couldn't get the damn thing between the dash and the steering wheel. i was afraid of breaking it though.
anybody in here have an extra dash bezel that they don't need. because i may need it :rolleyes:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts