The Nissan Club banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own a 2k altima . I want to drop it out a bit...

But I NEED confort too... It's more for the look but i want more control , more spring rigidity.. Less damping etc..

So i want to know the best compremise between control/look/confort...

Any suggestion...

Thnk guys..

P.S. I want to put dble rear anti-sway bar, is the idea good??

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
Get the Eibach ProKits. They give a decent drop, gives you way better handling and you can drive it normally and not have to dodge every little pebble and speedbump, because you feel you might scrape.

·
Frozen Member
1,326 Posts
Millenium_Edition said:

P.S. I want to put dble rear anti-sway bar, is the idea good??
no - thicker anti-roll bars in the rear increase oversteer. unless you want the ass end swapping with the front often, i wouldn't advise it.

if you want to increase the rear, increase the front as well.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
AS PER UNLEADED:

if you want to increase the rear, increase the front as well.

U mean: If I put rear sway bars, I should put a front one...??
And by adding a front one i will not oversteer?

What do you mean by increased??

I tough anti sway bar add rigidity to the body thin metal layer right????

P.S. As a french Canadian, I try to understand as well as i can ...

Youre advise is price less!!!

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
well, i say prokit but since you have a 2000 model you should post this in the proper forum "The General (1993-2001) Suspension Forum" If you had a 2k2 or 2k3 alty, i'd say prokit but since you got the second gen altima, i don't know much about what they offer as far as suspension. I know you guys have more choices than us third gens. RSB (rear sway bar) makes the handling much better. But yes, an FSB (front sway bar or front strut bar) is needed. Sway bars are things you should get together. One is good, but eventually, you should get the second too. Hope this helps.

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
TweekersAltima said:
RSB (rear sway bar) makes the handling much better. But yes, an FSB (front sway bar or front strut bar) is needed. Sway bars are things you should get together. One is good, but eventually, you should get the second too. Hope this helps.
So when are they gonna make a front strut bar for our cars?:dunno:

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
soon....as soon as the end of this month (February). APR *NOT APC* is makin' it...it's nice and thick too...the only thing is that you have to either remove your engine cover, cut a little off of the back, or buy their custom engine cover cuz the FSB is SOOOO THICK that it bends the stock engine cover...it looks really high quality and it's gonna be 150-175 i think.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
you have to cut a little off the back of the engine cover to fit the thick ass strut bar. I don't think it would be noticeable if you screw up cuz nobody really looks at the engine cover from behind..just sides and front view.

The difference between sportlines and prokit is comfort, as well as how low you want it. Sportlines are a huge drop and also are not as comfortable as Prokit. Prokit is a good drop but still comfortable and not too low so that you have too many problems w/ potholes and driveways, etc.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
Black Dragon said:
Cut? :eek: A little??:ugh: So what is "a little" and would it be noticable if I screw-up?

Not necessary, You wont have to cut anythign to isntall the one I am making. Just give it a week or two and my prototype pictures of the installed FSB will be up :D

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
After a week of driving on my Pro Kits, I must say...I love them! The drop isn't so agressive I have to go up ramps at an angle. the ride feels like it improved. I don't have that "boat-like" feeling at higher speeds.

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
JBL85 said:
Not necessary, You wont have to cut anythign to isntall the one I am making. Just give it a week or two and my prototype pictures of the installed FSB will be up :D
Hey Nick! Is your FSB as thick as Charlie's APR prototype that will be out soon?

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
so thick that you have to cut the engine cover or remove it. :p Charlie had a post in the 3rd gen discussion forum i think that had prototype pics. Also the connectors are extremely thick and well made.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts