The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
KOREAN... FOREVER...
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im so close from buying an cai for my car right now... but i dont no which one to get... i saw an picture of hot shot... and it looks pretty nice... but it was pricy... so i was thinking if place racing was any cheaper than hot shot... and wut material is place racing cai made out of?? and i heard they were both same setup... so im guessing they increase same amount of hp and tq... is hot shot worth the money?? or should i go with place racing?? (if it is cheaper...)

·
$ make my Engine go Round
1,157 Posts
they are basically the same thing, just choose based on price and availability. And yes the tubing is the same.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
i dont have either but i would go with the placeracing, the hotshot is new and there could be some problems with it that havent come out yet. everybody knows the placeracing is great. just my opinion.

·
$ make my Engine go Round
1,157 Posts
the hotshot is new and there could be some problems with it that havent come out yet
yeah I was thinking this too but I have had the hotshot on for about 8k miles no probs. Plus it is basically just a pipe and a filter not much can go wrong.

·
DRGN4DR
4,325 Posts
skibumm3 said:
i dont have either but i would go with the placeracing, the hotshot is new and there could be some problems with it that havent come out yet. everybody knows the placeracing is great. just my opinion.
its the same as PRI...so what could go wrong?

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
If you can hold off a little longer, I think Alex is going to do a huge group buy on the Hotshot CAI's.

This is what Im waiting on.

·
Am I still a NOOB?
2,082 Posts
RyanDB2 said:

yeah I was thinking this too but I have had the hotshot on for about 8k miles no probs. Plus it is basically just a pipe and a filter not much can go wrong.
Hey Ryan, do you have a bypass valve? Cus if not, you could risk hydrolock from what I've heard.

·
RINSE OUT!!!!!! RELOAD
950 Posts
group buy on hotshot? count me in.

is there a more specific time frame from "real soon"?

i can wait, just curious tho.

·
Registered
4,270 Posts
email or PM alex....as soon as he is done sending out the headers from the last group buy then he is going to start it. Im not sure of price or time he is expecting to start it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts