The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you guys will probably think this is stupid, but i am wondering if there is any point in putting a new muffler and ehaust tip on an automatic. Will it do anything? Make any sound? I want a kinda high sound. just wondering-thanks

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
vindeisel said:
you guys will probably think this is stupid, but i am wondering if there is any point in putting a new muffler and ehaust tip on an automatic. Will it do anything? Make any sound? I want a kinda high sound. just wondering-thanks

if you drive normal, you should see a slight increase in fuel economy...

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
As you can see in my sig, I have the Stillen rear-section exhaust on my '94 GXE (w/auto tranny). I don't remember how the car performed before I put the exhaust on, but I can bet it freed up the exhaust airflow. The sound isn't too loud or too deep, but if you're cruising at 65 or 70 mph you can definately hear it. When the car is idling it sounds sorta deep and like it's pushing a lot of air through.

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
this is what i think..if you're planning to do any mods to make your car faster/quicker, an intake, header, and an exhaust is a must!

·
Registered
714 Posts
ok man here is the deal, if you replace the exaust on an automatic it will be the same gains as manual, automatic will still be slow because it was slower to begin with but the transmission will make no diffrence because the exaust is created before the energy hits the transmission. I hope this makes sence.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would I need a cta-back exhaust on it or can I just replace the muffler and tip, and will that bring more power? Does a resonated tip make a loud noise or is that non resonated?

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
if you replace only the muffler you'll still gain power but more if you get a catback..or new piping. a resonated tip is quiet..non is louder.

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
I would save your money and buy the Greddy catback. I have a 96 auto and have it on my car and love it. Yea you don't get that sound between shifts but when you pull out or are cruisin at like 60-65 it's deep and throaty. I have had mine for about a year and a half and love it. Drive it in the winter also and it still looks like new. Only a little rust on the welds of the pipes but that is to be expected.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
how much is that Greddy? where did you get it, I have seeen them in stillen.com, but that is it, and shipping on the system is through the roof

·
Just another ricer
2,177 Posts
Don't go through Stillen. Yea they can get it but they jack the price up on ya. Trust me. I got mine through Nopi at the time and think I paid like $615 w/ shipping. I have seen people post on here that you can get one for like $585 plus shipping. So about $615-$620 is about right. Trust me, you won't regret it.....it's sweet! Good Luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts