The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put new crankshaft position sensor both camshaft sensor knock sensor both timing solenoids but it still keeps doing the same thing. It starts fine in the morning let it run for a few mins turn it off and it won't start you have to keep trying over and over before it will start but when it does finally start and you push the gas it revs good but then it won't rev past 2500 rpms it bounces from from 2500 to 3000 rpms if u push the gas and hold it to the floor the rpms will bounce like a rev limiter put it in gear it is like it goes to limp mode. But if u turn it off and let it sit it will start rite up but starts doing the same thing any ideas ? Cas I'm a poor man and I've done spent a little money on it I've replaced almost every sensor on the car it's a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 see

·
Registered
3 Posts
I put new crankshaft position sensor both camshaft sensor knock sensor both timing solenoids but it still keeps doing the same thing. It starts fine in the morning let it run for a few mins turn it off and it won't start you have to keep trying over and over before it will start but when it does finally start and you push the gas it revs good but then it won't rev past 2500 rpms it bounces from from 2500 to 3000 rpms if u push the gas and hold it to the floor the rpms will bounce like a rev limiter put it in gear it is like it goes to limp mode. But if u turn it off and let it sit it will start rite up but starts doing the same thing any ideas ? Cas I'm a poor man and I've done spent a little money on it I've replaced almost every sensor on the car it's a 2006 Nissan Altima 3.5 see
Have you checked the plugs or the coil it self also check throttle body sensor or get a scan tool try flashing your ecu hope it works for you ? also check your fuel pump for pressure if you've never changed it before

·
Registered
2006 Nissan Altima 2.5L
6 Posts
I have a 2006 2.5L and its given me hell but i worked with it. I had this issue for almost 8 months in 2016, it would turn on fine in the morning or when it was first being driven for the day but if I drove around and turned it off, i could sit there for an hour waiting. I accidentally turned it off at a gas station one day and ended up pushing it out the way. I remember at one point i did have to have a hammer around to hit the starter as i cranked it which would start it up but it wasnt the starter because after it stopped doing it I never replaced it. I ended up losing my job right before that so i would run the gas real low and my fuel pump wouldnt read the gas level correctly. Once i was at 1/4 the chances that my car would shut off was likely. It had to be at least past that point before it would even crank. Now i just keep it at the half mark and its fine but I never know how empty it really is anymore, I just round it off by the last filling and how many trips ive taken??‍♀ Make sure when you first turn the key before it cranks (when all the dash lights come on) you gotta listen for that sound that lets you know it caught the fuel level. Its a real low electric type sound. Like when you roll up the windows, it sounds kinda the same way but its maybe 2 seconds long, if you dont hear it take the key out and do it again. Once i hear it ill start it and it turns on fine. I cant be 100% sure if its that for your car but if not, I also replaced the cam and crank shaft sensors and the knock sensor around the same time. Hopefully this helps you. Ive had every issue with this car you can probably think of so ask away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts