The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok... i'm trying to figure out how to remove the wood dash on the passenger side.. what do i hafta take off so i can pop off the trim on the passenger side..?

i know how to do the driver side one... :) i'm smrt! doah! i mean smart

thanx in advance

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
You have to remove the entire dash assembly to be able to get the passenger side off. You have to in order, take off the dash bezel piece, the remove the dash trim on the drivers side, then you have to remove the part that goes around the shifter and radio area, then lastly is the passenger side trim. My bf took all that off my car and shot it with an aluminum type looking paint. Looks tight!!! I'll post pics this week if interested.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanx.. but i need to know how to take off the passenger side trim...

i can do all the rest... must i take off the glove box?

thanx

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
no, after you have the driver one off, just start to pry out the passenger side one off starting with theleft side and work your way down to the right side. be careful not to crack the piece though

·
Registered
969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx freshman.. i wasn't sure if i could take it out that way...

is that the easiest? and is it easy to crack them? any suggestions on how to gradually pry it out?(sticking something behind the piece?)

·
good one Fonzie
11,588 Posts
well, I used a screwdriver, and did it carefully. It always feels like it can crack, but hasn't so far *knocks on wood* Allow the vents to come out to it will be easier that way, even if they want to come off

·
Girl-Moderator
4,061 Posts
Altimuh, guess i thought i explained it, you gotta remove all that other stuff though to get to the screws that let that piece come up. But like Fresh said, just start pulling it carefully, it will bow quite a bit, but just bring it up slowly. You'll hear a few pops, don't sweat it, just the tabs coming out. Installation is the reverse. You can barely see the trim painted in the pick below.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts