The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Who is your daddy ?
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to find a job for the past month or so. I applied in several places but nobody wanted to call me back.

Today, my computer networking professor came up to me and offered a job in his lab. I know 2 ppl who work there, and it's pretty much gettin' paid to fiddle around with comp networks, and test all the new shit that university buys.

Anyway the problem is that I went to Financial Aid, and bitches(they were cute) told me that i'm not eligible. I called my friends who have the same or better financial situation than my family, and who still live with parents. All of them are eligible, and from what i know that's the main factors, income and do you live with parents or not. Therefore me being not eligible doesn't make any sense to me.

I guess the question is, what the fuck do i do now :( ?

Is there any way for them to review my financial situation again... or i dunno to reconsider their shit...

Did anyone have problem similar to mine who can help me out... ?

I'm pissed off as cockroach here. Since i can be out of marketing research field and get in field that i'm really interested in, but can't cause of those bizznatches. I'm the only person i know of who's not eligible for work study :confused2

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
yeah, i'm in the same boat.. i dont get the equiv. here (austudy/youth allowance..)

not eligible. fark it. picked up 2 jobs to bring the cash in whilst currently undertaking 3 undergrad courses.

dont want no hand out anyhow.

·
Who is your daddy ?
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Went there, i guess i'm not doin' shit this year.
The job is easy. Test new equipment, get experience in installing new shit, comp networks and get some exp. in linux. That for me is very important, since that is what i might be working on after i graduate.

Anyway, reason is that my parents pay too much for tuition. Which is BS since I"M paying for tuition, and just live with parents.

Pissed off again, but nothing I can do. Gotta accept and move on. Hope they'll take me in maine medical center :(

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
Tell me about it.. Im about to do a work study prog in school in addition to having a full-time job and going to college full-time... I wonder where its gonna fit in ?? I really want to do it because it will look good on my resume since it deals with the field Im majoring in... Ughh, no time... :(

I also dedicated myself to 25 hrs of voulanteer work at a soup kitchen every saturday for the next 3 months..... :confused2

·
Who is your daddy ?
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
NVS aLtiMa said:
I also dedicated myself to 25 hrs of voulanteer work at a soup kitchen every saturday for the next 3 months..... :confused2
lol, pimpish.

but yeah major bummer dude, my resume would've looked so much better if i been awarded work study. I wanna teabag smthn...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts