The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
blank
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright well when i got my muffler bout 6 months ago, i was intending on gettin catback piping as well. however, the manager (who was the guy i was dealing with) said "no no son, that'll be too loud, you won't like it." and being the persuasive type person i am, i listened. well now i don't want the ricer image of just a muffler NEmore, so i want the piping. but is it worth it to take that muffler back off, add 2.25'' piping (which i dunno how big an upgrade that is, but that seems to be what everyone else has), and then throw that muffler back on? and when i say "worth" i mean cost-wise and labor-wise

·
got widebody?®
5,566 Posts
I would say no unless you have so many engine mods that your engine has to expell more exhaust; turbo, full build up, etc...
Mine has hi-flow catalytic converter, but it was installed the same time as my muffler so I don't know how much difference it made.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
I'm doing it, of course I have more engine mods coming in the future. I'll grow into the exhaust.

·
blank
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have a WAI and the JET V-force. if all goes well, i'll be adding a hotshot 4-2-1 header. thats probably bout the extent of my engine mods though.

·
1,484 Posts
Yeah, a lot of the loudness, depends on the muffler you have on the car now. Isn't the stock piping already 2.25", I thought it was, but I plan on going 2.5, and then 3 with the turbo. Also keep in mind that backpressure is a major key. By enhancing the diameter of your piping you lose backpressure, and you do need a little there. So a lot of things come into play when you are talking sizing.

Also are you planning on getting headers eventually?

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
hey wellman, what does that v-force do for "YOUR" car, and how do you like it?

·
EXPLICIT EDITION
324 Posts
wellman23 said:
i have a WAI and the JET V-force. if all goes well, i'll be adding a hotshot 4-2-1 header. thats probably bout the extent of my engine mods though.
If you don't plan on going w/any major forced induction then your stock piping is fine. If you want to free up more flow get an hi-flow catalytic converter other than that don't waste your money. Like SKYLINEAWD said you might even lose HP cuz of the bigger piping and backpressure.:cool:

·
blank
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2ndgen said:
hey wellman, what does that v-force do for "YOUR" car, and how do you like it?
i'm not too crazy bout it. i had a friend install it for me, so there may be an error due to that. but when i first got it, i really hated it b/c all sorts of shit happened: my brakes went bad, my check engine light never went off, my emergency brake light wouldn't go off, the fuse controllin my dimmer switch blew, etc. now i realize it was (for the most part) a coincidence. its definitely got a noticeable power gain, but it takes a while to warm up (meanwhile the rpm's are jumpin like a mofo). and somedays i gain alot of acceleration and lose high end power, and then other days, its the exact opposite. you never know what you're gonna get from day to day

1 - 12 of 12 Posts