The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently put a new oil pump on my car (what a job that was!) due to it not feeding oil to my turbo....

Now that i've done that, oil is flowing nicely to the top end, and inside the valve area, but the low pressure light is still on...

I've yet to hook up my gauge all the way, but was wondering if you guys have any ideas???

I'm rulling out any bearing issues, as I'm sure I'd be hearing other noises if they were shot (from past experience in other cars)....

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hook up your gauge. Oil flow and oil PSI are related but are two different things. Better hope for enough of each or:
Replace your OEM oil pressure sender and check all electrical connections.

·
"Mr.DxD"
53 Posts
Pull offf your oil filter and make sure the ball is still in the Oil press relief valve . Also when you did the pump are you sure you got the oil seal between the cover and the block in place properly ?

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Problem has been found

I'm gonna be rolling in a set of bearings tomorrow night or tuesday...

I guess it's a good thing tho, 110 bucks for a set of new rod and main bearings isn't gonna hurt anything...

I'm just gonna get the .10 over ones and call it a day

·
Rockin the Kasbah
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep...while I certianly know this isn't the perhaps best possible way to do it, It's only gotta last me at least another 6-8000 miles while I get money saved for my bottom end....wooooooot

1 - 6 of 6 Posts