The Nissan Club banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Girl-Moderator
1,127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would tire size affect my dyno results? 18" -vs- stock 15"s. Gonna get a dyno pretty soon as soon as we change the plugs and advance the timing. Would I want to put the stocks back on to run the dyno or would it make no difference if I just left my 18"s on for a dyno run? Wasn't sure if the answer really was that simple since the car is standing still. It will probably be in December sometime.

motor mods are as follows: HS header/UR pulley/Ractive WAI intake/Ractive 9mm wires/NGK Coppers gapped at .60/Jacob's ICE pack igntion/Bosch FPR with Summit inline pressure guage set at 38psi/stock cat/Tsudo exhaust/Optima red-top ...short shifter

wheels are Focal R3's on 215/35 18 Toyo Proxes

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
I think yes, torque depends on the lever arm (rim+tire length) but since most people use low profile w/ large rims, it might turn out the same or close

·
See ya on the flipside...
394 Posts
Yes it does. I dynoed my old car w/ my 17's and got 155whp and when I put my stocks back on (14's) I got 163. something whp. Just my experiences.

·
10,373 Posts
01LTD said:
Yes it does. I dynoed my old car w/ my 17's and got 155whp and when I put my stocks back on (14's) I got 163. something whp. Just my experiences.
:confused: You got 163 Whp?? What mods you have on the car?

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
The same reason to get an undersize pulley and lightweight flywheel is why you want lightweight wheels. Besides decreasing unsprung weight, you want wheels with low rotational inertia. That way energy is not wasted getting the wheels to spin.

·
394 Posts
Chris said:
:confused: You got 163 Whp?? What mods you have on the car?

It was a Nissan 200SX-SE 1.6L. I would show a dyno sheet, but for some reason I can find it.

Mods are:
Hotshot header
2.25" mendral bend exhaust w/ UltaFlo muffler
UR pulley
CAI
Ported throttle body
Cams
8mm wires
Iridium tipped spark plugs
Crane Fireball Ignition Coil
Along w/ some other stuff, after it was all said and done, I spent almost $16,000 in the engine and performance alone, not to mention the audio system I had in it. Oh well, that was my first project. Next project: 2001 Nissan Altima(pictured)

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
how in the world did you pull that much hp out of the 1.6?? I know guys running low 14's with that kind of power... I would be skeptical of a 2.0 putting that out with those mods, but oh well, what do i know?

·
394 Posts
Rick said:
how in the world did you pull that much hp out of the 1.6?? I know guys running low 14's with that kind of power... I would be skeptical of a 2.0 putting that out with those mods, but oh well, what do i know?

It's been about 2 yrs since I've had that car, and the stuff I've forgotten most of the stuff I've done to the engine and crap. :D

·
$ make my Engine go Round
487 Posts
yeah run on your stocks vixen, seems like the way to go : )
can't wait to see what it dyno's at.

·
394 Posts
m3dia_lab said:
how much does it cost for dyno?
Depends on where you go. FYI, the 240 Convention is this weekend starting at 7pm tonight and they are going to have a dyno day, it's like $40 for 3 runs, drag racing and other stuff too. I'm probably going to go there tonight.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Yes, put the stock wheels back on. It's going to take more effort to get those 18's spinning.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts