The Nissan Club banner

Should I Buy It?

• HELL YES, take that back, give me his number, and I'll buy it.

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • No, too overpriced, not worth it.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Mustang what?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, recently a thread came up about the Shelby, this is kind of on the same path...
My uncle has a 1965 Mustang (I know little about cars this old - not a ricer, just more into modern machines), it has about 74,000 original miles, automatic, white, white leather and red carpet. It's basically all original, with little restoration done, but then again, it is in phenominal condition. He bought the car for his son who turned 18 for a grad gift, his son however is smart, and realizes, the car is way to much for him to respect/handle. So he's selling it. He's asking $5,000 for it. I'm guessing this is either fair or very reasonable, again, not knowing much about it, I really don't know if I should consider buying it. I'm thinking yes, but again, I'm not sure...
What does everyone think?

·
Lord of the Thighs
1,240 Posts
A classic 'Stang in phenominal condition and only 74K on the clock? Instead of asking us, you should be there with cash in hand ready to buy it. Seriously.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
If its a 6 cylinder and is in truly excellent condition, all original, no accidents and you can prove its only 74k, not 174k then $5k is a pretty good deal.

If its a 289 its a steal.

Check the interior though...I think you'll find that leather is actually vinyl...I'm fairly sure (though not positive) that leather was not an early Mustang option...it was designed as a very inexpensive car.

·
4,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tdoyle said:
If its a 6 cylinder and is in truly excellent condition, all original, no accidents and you can prove its only 74k, not 174k then $5k is a pretty good deal.

If its a 289 its a steal.

Check the interior though...I think you'll find that leather is actually vinyl...I'm fairly sure (though not positive) that leather was not an early Mustang option...it was designed as a very inexpensive car.
I'm not sure about the engine, the mileage is a guarantee, and I just assumed it was leather, it very well could be vinyl, I didn't sit in it, so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
NADAGuides.com says a 65 6 cylinder mustang with no real options checked is worth between 5 and 15 grand depending on condition and other considerations like mileage, location, etc.

A 289 4 speed with Rally Pac (gauges), factory air and Pony interior can fetch upwards of $30k.

·
14,455 Posts
I would eat that up in a second if i had $5k to blow on a car/project car. I would dump a huge engine in that thing and make it a nice, old skool sleeper :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts