The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Dreamer
2,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WOW MTEC bulbs kick ass!

Very bright! Very white! Lumens is very good. Definitely one of the best bulbs for $30!!! Made in Japan too!!! :cool:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Had them on my altima and they looked pretty good...but they blew out in 3 months along with my wiring harnesses melting...

·
Deviate from the norm
132 Posts
Petro said:
Had them on my altima and they looked pretty good...but they blew out in 3 months along with my wiring harnesses melting...
:eek:

Had you made any other wiring/lighting "modifications" - or were the bulbs the only change you had made to the stock setup?

If it was all still stock, Note to self... avoid MTEC bulbs.

·
Registered
78 Posts
a while back i asked for advise about the mtec bulbs but i didnt get too much input, i later found out that its advisable to get wire harnesses for these bulbs, but it was too late...n e wayz, i upgraded to philips hid, had them for about a year and im luving them :D

·
sittin on chrome....
503 Posts
I think most people don't know how to install them correctly. I have had mtecs in my past car, took them out and put in my new car. There where no signs of the harness melting, nothing. Of course there are the people who get the higher wattage ones and may not know that they can melt the harness. Maybe I'm just lucky with bulbs, but i dont have any problems.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts