The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just got back from the Orlando Speed World Friday night races. There were at least 30 Nissans out there representing. 1fastaltima, Deadman, cyko and like 5 other Altimas were there racing. I think there were more Nissans then honda, VW, and acura combined tonight!!!

There were 1st gen, 2nd gen, 3rd gen (3.5SE) Altimas... There was like 10 240's out there, one had a fully pimped out SR20DET engine. He didn't run too good, but he said it was his first time racing it. There was a nice twin turbo 300zx, couple of Pulsars, some maximas, hell there was even a Quest minivan that raced :D

1fastaltima ran a 14.2!!! Deaman ran a nice 14.7 I think it was??? Cyko ran good too for his first time out to the track, I think a 15.0?

It was so great to see the look on all the honda, acura and VW owners who were getting beat by 1fast's car. Everyone seemed to be having an off night, so time were probably slower then the should have been. 1fastaltima ran a 14.2, 14.3, and a 14.5 (not in that order though). There was a bunch of VW Turbo GTi's out there that were running high 15's all night. The 240's ranged from 14.1 ~ 15.8.

For those who doubted 1fastaltima or deadmans times, they have slips to back them.

Also, we got a video of one of 1fast and cyko's runs, hopefully cyko can get them uploaded???

At anyrate, Altima might be a four door grocery getter, but the sure showed the honda boys a thing or two tonight.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW - not to mention that there were some terrible drivers there tonight. Mustang GT's getting beat by a four banger Altima, WTF ??? :D

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
yeah, it was a fun night overall i guess. i didn't quite reach my goal, however i did get my fastest time so far at a 14.2 @ 95 mph. the slicks are definitely fun!!! Neck snappin when done correctly!

like skizzy said, everyone was runnin less than average times. just seemed like it was too hot and humid out. I KNOW that i got a 13 sec time in her, i'll have to keep practicing and take it out later on this winter when it cools down, at least under 75` F. I HATE LIVING HELL!!

cyko did really well for his 1st time ever racing. the auto 3.5 se held it's own for sure. it was fun wasn't it, Cyko?

slips...

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, in case you hadn't figured out what I meant by showing the honda boys a thing or two, I was there for about 4 hours and I did not see but only one honda, VW or acura beat the 14.2 time that 1fast put up. There was this little green civic hatchback that ran a 13.9 I think, but that was the only one that I saw.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
my 3rd and best run was against some 4th gen hatch civic. it was a dog!! On this run i almost got whip-lash from the damn slicks, they grip really well when launched correctly.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
good and bad news about the 4th run.
Good - deadman (blake) ran his best time with a 14.8 @ 94 mph! good job for only having a 50 shot on a 5spd with just i/e

bad - had a horrible launch, and the nitrous quit half way through the run. i tested it on the way home, and sure as shit, it doesn't work. somethin broke :angry2: . so now i gotta figure out what's wrong with it. Needless to say, i shut it down 3/4 of the way through, around the 1000' mark or so.

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
I think cyko could have done a lot better looking at the 1st slip, his R/T was over 1.1. Not bad for the first time, just a lot of potential. I have seen GTs taken down by a lot of 4-bangers before and I know I have seen postings of Altys taken them down.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyone was having trouble last night too. I think if the track conditions were a little better and it wasn't 90% humidity and 96 degrees out, Ryan would have done even better. I guess will see next time.

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
Nice work!!!! I knew it was a matter of time before my record fell to 1fast. Good luck on hitting 13's!! it should be no problem when it cools down a little bit.

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
DeAdMaN said:
Rick remember when you flamed that trans am kill of mine. Well the trans Am was at the track last night at at best he ran a 15.2. So where is my apologie? Come on I know your man enough.
lol, the driver sucks big balls. don't think that is typical of all T/A's. I'll apologize when you can spell it ;)

1 - 20 of 56 Posts