The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 2 channel name brand amp that can do 500w rms bridged into 1 channel at 4 ohms.

Let me know if you've got one. Power around the 500w range will work too.

·
::Distant Illusion::
259 Posts
I have a, Viper 2 channel x 400. If your bridge mine, its an 800 watt amp. when bridge you make it one channel. I bought this from Ultimate sound and security, for almost 390. I have lost intrest in my box all together, since it weighs to much. Bought in March. Anyways I'll let it go for $95 + shipping. Let me know dave asap someone else might want it.
I will have pictures by late tonight.

·
259 Posts
VIPER AUDIO 400.2 550W 2 CHANNEL CLASS AB AMPLIFIER

High-speed MOSFET switching power supplies and complimentary bipolar outputs
Dual power supplies for rock-solid power delivery under extreme conditions
Thermal, DC offset, reverse polarity and short circuit protection
Top-mounted controls easily accessed for system tuning
Built-in high performance, variable 12 dB/octave 2-way active crossovers
Variable 0-12 dB bass EQ function
Gold-plated power and speaker terminals and plugs and RCA connectors ensure maximum signal transfer
Rugged one-piece extruded heat sink finished with injection-molded mounting feet

Dynamic Power Rating: 550 watts
S/N: > 95 dB
Freq. Range: 20-20kHz
Damping Factor: > 100
Input Sens.: 150mV to 8V
Rated Power @ 4 ohm: 100W x 2
Rated Power @ 2 ohm: 200Wx2
Rated Power @ 1 ohm: N/A
Crossover: var. 12dB 2-way low or high pass, 50-500 Hz
Bass EQ: Yes variable 0-12 dB
RCA Output: Yes, stereo
Protection: T,S,D,R
T=thermal, S=short circuit, D=DC offset, R=reverse polarity,

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Never heard of Viper Audio, that's made by DEI (same guys as the alarm) right?

The specs you posted doesn't say anything about the birdged power @ 4 ohms x 1....

·
259 Posts
Yes same people, I never knew that they made audio equipment untill this year. When bridging the unit, you take a postive and a negative from either side of the unit and basically you have turned it into one channel. For another channel, you take wire and run it off of the speaker that you connected directly. I hope you can follow what I am saying because it is quite easy.
Sorry for not posting the specs of bridged power, I am at work and do not have the box in front of me. I am telling you that it is bridgeable and that my shop installed it that way for me.

Well dave you let me know its a great amp for this price you won't find it this cheap anywhere. (and I garentee it works just the same way when I bought it, or you money back.) You can pretty much search this out on the web and find more about it.
Thanks for your intrest. Will

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Santacruz, I did a little research on the amp, it's not 800w RMS bridged into 1 channel, it's 400w RMS and 550w peak. Please send me pictures, as I am interested in it.

·
Po-rican
403 Posts
I have a rockford fostgate power 500a2, 250x2 at 2ohms 500x1 bridged 4ohm, actual birth sheet said 720 rms. Sought after older amp (10/99 date of production per box) purchased new in 2001, do your research and make offer.

Has been sitting for about a year, but worked perfectly when removed. This thing literally made me deaf... failed NYPD hearing test, last step b4 training. Currently running my rockford 250.2 @400w rms(the older RF amps are bullot proof) to my subs. I am not on here much anymore, so IM croman814 or email me [email protected] many people can vouch for me, especially those who purchased tires from me.

-carlos

1 - 11 of 11 Posts