The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a Transmission control unit for an automatic 97 Altima. Please email me: JEstr if you have one or know where I can get one for a good price.

Thanks,

JEstr

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't have a digital camera, but I assume that the TCU's are all pretty much the same for 93-2001? It's for a friend, and I don't have the model #. All I know is that there's a screw on the top of it for diagnostic. As long as it's in good working condition, I'll take it.

Email me!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, there are a whole bunch of numbers on there:

5ZE1BM
JA18F18 EW9 6419

Hope that works, if so, I'll take it. :)

·
Ex 1st gen owner
5,576 Posts
I'm definately gonna need a pic.
the tranny computer in my hand says this
400 p400
etc-n400 A1 4822
Hitachi automotive products (usa), inc

sound like the engine control computer, I have one of those 2 let me go look at it

·
Ex 1st gen owner
5,576 Posts
here it is, its the engine computer

5ze11d
ID
nissan
JA11D34 EF2 3802

its from a 93 if you want it. But it is definately the engine computer, not the tranny computer. engine computer is 60 shipped

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yep, sounds like the ECU. I'll get a hold of it and take a pic. I don't know how compatible the 93-97 ecu's are. Either way, I'll take what you have once we figure out what's what. ;) I'll snag it later this afternoon. Any way for you to post a pic of what you have? Or find out compatiblities across the years?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, here's the scoop. Apparently, the ECU was throwing a bad TCU error code. He calls up Nissan, and they tell him to pull the module in the CENTER console. This would explain the part number I gave you. I had him pull the TCU this time. Here's the part #:

P400
ETC-N400 A1 6418

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got the TCU a couple of days ago. THANKS! Pleasure doing business with you.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yes, thanks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts