Nissan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
dat man in a black sedan
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for a Bose amp from a 2012 Altima SL with the bose unit w/o navigation. Working or not, all i need it for is the molex plug coming out of the amp itself.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,459 Posts
Sounds like a cool science project. Care to share?

·
dat man in a black sedan
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like a cool science project. Care to share?
well, what im planning on here is to use the stock wiring to the speakers in the doors and dash as much as i can because im replacing every speaker in the car and amplifying them as well. Since every speaker is already color coded and wired up neatly, im just going to get an old disused Bose amp and take the molex plug out of it, solder up some leads to it and use it to interface with the stock wiring. Also replacing the head unit, running 3 sets of RCAs to the rear, 0 gauge power and ground yada yada yada. No subwoofers for the time being, just going to get the front stage up to snuff and everything sound deadened first. I got the subs and MANY amplifiers in the basement.

·
5,459 Posts
Might want to have a little read through my 'audio power' thread in my .sig...sure you know all that stuff...but the capacitor approach comes in handy if you are dropping big amps in...you can save some money on the old-school 0 gauge copper feedwire and make a cleaner overall design. Biggest mistake people make is on the grounds.

·
dat man in a black sedan
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Might want to have a little read through my 'audio power' thread in my .sig...sure you know all that stuff...but the capacitor approach comes in handy if you are dropping big amps in...you can save some money on the old-school 0 gauge copper feedwire and make a cleaner overall design. Biggest mistake people make is on the grounds.
yeah, im well versed with the odds and ends of 12v goodness ;) i have welding wire 0 gauge OFC for the power and ground with sky-high 0 gauge lugs for connections. What issues have you seen on grounds? i scrape paint and bolt them down with non-conductive spray to prevent rusting

·
5,459 Posts
Watch your metal reactivities (ie copper to aluminum to steel and that sort of thing....also you don't wan't galvanic reactions eating away at your ground so keep the ground points dry. If you have to punch through to the exterior, consider using a bolt from the outside locked with a nut on the inside to create a solid grounding stud.

·
dat man in a black sedan
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Watch your metal reactivities (ie copper to aluminum to steel and that sort of thing....also you don't wan't galvanic reactions eating away at your ground so keep the ground points dry. If you have to punch through to the exterior, consider using a bolt from the outside locked with a nut on the inside to create a solid grounding stud.
great advice sir! im already all over that. Going to a buddies place to weld in a couple of bolts in from the back right by the spare tire well. My days of self tapping sheet metal screws are in the long distant past :)

·
dat man in a black sedan
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oh, i posted up in a facespace group about this and i got a reply saying that the molex plugs should be pretty universal and obtainable from something along the lines of ali-express. what are your thoughts on that @d0ugmac1

·
5,459 Posts
Mmmmm Aliexpress...can you wait like 4+ weeks?

·
dat man in a black sedan
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mmmmm Aliexpress...can you wait like 4+ weeks?
ugh... i know right? but if i can find it on there, its better than kicking rocks around here getting nothing. is there a place where youd recommend getting these? tit cant be as simple as reaching out to a computer repair place or something like that

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
2 Participants
Youdoofus
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing