The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 2.5S Altima with 54,000 miles. I've had mostly good experiences with the car to date. In the past week my low beams have stopped working. I switched the H1 bulbs thinking it was just a coinsidence that both low beams had gone out. Wrong! I have fog lights so I could still drive the car. Last Monday night I left work, started the car, stopped for about 20-30 and I left the car running to cool off. I drive away and start down the highway only to find I can't put up the passengers side window and that the rear windows won't go down. Yesterday, after the car sat in the garage for 3 nights, I hop in and the car is cranking weirdly and doesn't want to start. I finally get it to start after 5 or 6 tries and I look over and the passengers side window that had been down is up. Now the windows are working but, I still don't have any low-beams. I drive the car home in day light & park and then my remote locking doesn't work. WTF is going on with the car???

I tried replacing the BCM (body control module) that controls every damned thing and there is no change in the situation. I still don't have any low beams but, the high-beams & fog lights continue to work.

Can anyone offer any hints or share experiences to solve this situation???

My only other option is to take it to the dealer and getting raped on the repair.

Mark Lowry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Did you check all wiring? Might have a bad ground, blown fuse, ripped wire or something. Try to get a wiring diagram and check everything

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So far, I have tried a new BCM, checked all fuses and checked the relays by swapping the ones that work. Since the problem seemes to be jumping around, I suspect a groud or a connector. If it were a chaffed wire I wouldn't think the problem would be moving from device to device. The windows that weren't working are now functional again and the proble has moved to the remote locking.

I have not changed or added anything on the car since I installed factory foglights about 40,000 miles ago (20 months).

I'll try checking ground & looking for loose connections tomorrow.

thanks for the suggestions,

Mark

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Today & checked & cleaned both battery terminals. I also checked continuity on the fusable links. I'll trying to dig up my original combination switch before I added the factory foglights & switch for a test.

If that doesn't work I'll be forced to take to the dealer for diagnosis & repair. Aren't computerized car grand!!!

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts