The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
P-Fuzzy if ya nasty
1,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i drive a 97 gxe w/ i/e, im at a red light last night and this altima pulls up to me, 1st gen, headlight bulbs body kit and i roll down the window and say nice car ask him what he did to it he said just intake and exaust, i go ok then he revs on me, ok then i get redy and he beat me pretty bad, i think he had more then what he said but still is there anything i can do to my ca thatl make it run better i saw this engine treatment at pepboys and on tv does that stuff work? any suggestions? i think im due for a tune up soon though.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Stay away from all those engine treatment swindles. If you're maintaining your car correctly and it's running fine that's about it. There's no magic formula that's going to make it a supercar. If you want more power, you'll have to modify the engine.

·
Turbo S13
861 Posts
prtyfly4whtguy said:
ok i drive a 97 gxe w/ i/e, im at a red light last night and this altima pulls up to me, 1st gen, headlight bulbs body kit and i roll down the window and say nice car ask him what he did to it he said just intake and exaust, i go ok then he revs on me, ok then i get redy and he beat me pretty bad, i think he had more then what he said but still is there anything i can do to my ca thatl make it run better i saw this engine treatment at pepboys and on tv does that stuff work? any suggestions? i think im due for a tune up soon though.
same thing happened to me but the guy had a 5spd and he pulled on me realy fast and beat me by 2 cars.

·
Registered
86 Posts
the launch makes a really big difference. he may just be a better driver than you. also, if you have your a/c on your car will be slower.

tires
moisture
surface

just about anything could be a factor. the guys who win are usually the best prepared.

all you can do is practice.

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
there's more you can do to make it faster:

header
cat back exhaust
pulley
plugs and wires
street/strip clutch
lightened flywheel
cai