The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just put a brand new clutch master cylinder in my car cause the clutch wouldnt release enough. i took the slave cylinder apart but the seals all look new and there werent any scratches inside the bore. there are no external leaks. my dad says it is the release bearing but that cant be it because the problem has been getting progressively worse for that last few days. :angry4:

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
are you running an aftermarket clutch?

its quite possible the clutch release fork is bent or broken.

first check the pressure in the hydraulic line to confirm that it isn't the problem.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
its a napa clutch that i just installed about a month ago, came w/ all new release bearing, pressure plate, and i had the flywheel resurfaced. it was runnin fine up until last week.
how do you test the pressure?

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
napa? i have no idea what that means.. lol... is that an uprated one?

release bearing wont help if its the fork...

a mech can test the pressure in the line with a gauge... but i guess if there are no bubbles in the system and absolutely no leaking anywhere, then u should be ok.

but usually it is hydaulic related...

the only think i can think of, asssuming that your actual pedal is ok.. is that the release fork, pivot bearing or transmission pilot bearing is shot... hopefully the release mechanism wasnt properly adjusted, and has just progressively gotton worse since installation... (its possible teh clutch itself is warped!)

if it is a uprated clutch tho.. i would bank money on the fork, given the assumption that the shop / person that installed the clutch was competent.

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
^ whoops, i updated my post before i saw yours.. thanks...

its possible, there are more bearings that will affect the clutch release than just the release bearing. i have listed them above...

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
problem still isnt fixed.... heres a list of things that have been replaced.

clutch disk
pressure plate
resurfaced flywheel
pilot bushing
throw-out bearing
clutch master cylinder
clutch slave cylinder

i also have dropped the trans a second time to look everything over, release fork is nice and straight, the throw-out bearing is still fine, clutch components all looked ok, i regreased the shaft around the throw-out bearing and the ball joint on the release fork, and i have bled it over and over again and nothing is fixing it. the clutch pedal is adjusted as far back as it will go. i dont know what else to do, the only thing i can think of is that i got a bad pressure plate or sumthing like that.

·
enlighten me
904 Posts
I had this problem on an old camry I used to have, turns out the master cylinder has an adjuster screw that would slowly shorten after so many times I used the clutch. I just had to reach down there and turn it every so often to keep it at a good position. It didn't change the position of the pedal, just how far the cylinder engaged.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
hopefully you can get this figured out completely by tomorrow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts