The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
-Brooks Sports-S1Tires-
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

i got the sliverstar H1 for low beam, 9005 for high and 9006 for fog,,,,but i just feel its not bright as u guys have...? (by comparing with the pictures)

so, i am thinking is that the bulbs' temperature problems? i think mine is 4000k. what do u have?

one more question, may i put a 6000k or higher tmeperature bulbs to my altima?

ps, just the regular bulbs, not HID.

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
You can't really create good high temp light out of a regular bulb. Instead of creating a true high kelvin spectrum like HIDs do, the regular halogens use coatings that increase color, but decrease light output. The 4000k mark of a silverstar is about as bright as a regular bulb, but whiter. The higher the color though, the lower the brightness. If bright is what you are looking for, I believe Sylvania has a visibility plus line that has more LUMENS than a regular bulb.

Just remember. More color (temp) = less lumens (brightness/output).

·
Über
7,173 Posts
The ones I have, eurodezigns from ebay, are rated at 6000k. I just recently posted a poll on which bulb was stock and which one was aftermarket(eurodezign). The eurodezign did come out brighter than the stock but not by much. My friend has HID's in his alty and they are much brighter in person. I'm considering in switching to iceberg blue HID's in the future.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Consider the Philips Premiums for your 9006's and 9005's. You might also consider the Philips Vision Plus lamps for your H1's.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
at first i thought this was what the temp of the bulb actual is rather than the color temp. haha. anyways....

i purchased a set of Piaa extreme white for my fogs. they put out more light than most ive seen, since they are rated at a higher watt but only use the standard 55w. good stuff. i have HIDs though for my headlights. :)

keep in mind the higher the temp the less light output u get. i had a set of 7000k fake HIDs and didnt like them so i bought real HIDs. but i gave the fake set to my buddy and he says the same thing about the high color temp of fake HIDs...that you cant see the road for shit when its raining if the color is too high of K.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
To HotBody07;

You hit the proverbial nail on the head. Higher kelvin temperature lamps emit a light which is towards the blue/white spectrum. In bad weather, especially rain, the do a poor job.

To Groggy23;

The Philips Premiums of which I speak are not HIDs.. they're halogen lamps. But they're good.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have NOKYA's 7000K, they seem brigther than the stock, but that's because they are high wattage bulbs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts