The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 96 gxe and i recently bought a sony detachable xplod cd player along with 2 XPLOD 12's 800watt max each...and a 1000watt Xplod amp...now I have the two door speakers to replace and the two back speakers...i wanted to go all xplod but speaker will fit in all four spots and which brands???

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
with the factory cd player>> 5x7 front...6x9 rear
with out>> 5x7 front..6.5S rear(s is slightly bigger then standard 6.5..technically 6.75 is a "S"
there are plenty of speakers to purchase in those sizes

·
Weekend Alcoholic
3,165 Posts
you should be able to fit in all xplod speakers, it requires a little cutting, but they will fit. i have a pair of xplod 6x9 in my rear and a pair of 5 1/4'' components for the front. its all xplod, and by the way for all those who doubted sony, its pretty damn good after all.

·
Proud owner of an 06 SE-R
515 Posts
Yeah, try crutchfield... they got most of the Sony Xplod line... they got the 5x7's for up front and 6-3/4's or 6x9's for the back. And if ya gotta get 6x9's in back, get the 4-ways... i had them, they sound great!

·
Registered
110 Posts
I used 6.5's in the rear deck but I could only get 1 screw to line up, and I was too lazy to drill into the deck, so they're held in w/ one screw and some foam underneath to prevent rattling. The 5x7's wouldn't fit into the door basket, I tried grinding away at it but was getting nowhere. I was only able to fasten 2 or the 4 tabs, but it seems to be working good. Only thing I don't like about the XPlod 6.5's and 5x7's is that they don't have as great of a power handling capability as I'd want, I'll probably go with Polks or Infinity Kappa's to match well with the amp that I'm using

1 - 7 of 7 Posts