The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My y-pipe has rusted and made a huge exhaust leak, it needs to be replaced and I wouldn’t mind some HP gains from a sportier one.

I can’t find racingline Y-pipes anywhere and their website has been taken down. Since that’s the only y-pipe anyone talks about here, what other options do I have?

Nissan Altima 2007 to 2018 Flex Catalytic Converter – Muffler Express - Canada - This has been the only Y-pipe I could actually find for sale online. Is this a good option? Any advice is appreciated. Also, I live in Canada.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is this the one that eliminates one of the Cats?
I could be wrong but I don’t think it does?

I’ve currently got a fully stock exhaust but I kinda like the gurgles at ~2.5-3k rpm from the y-pipe leak ngl. It sounds horrible other than that as you could imagine. I’m thinking about getting some straight through mufflers after replacing the y-pipe. Any suggestions? My car isn’t manual so I don’t feel like dumping a bunch for magnaflows.

·
Registered
2008 Altima Coupe 3.5 SE
14 Posts
I have the same Nissan, mine is the Coupe. I bought a pipe from Racingline 10 years ago which eliminated the front Cat. But when we got the car up on the Lift, the whole project just didn't make sense and the RL pipe looked flat and narrow, so I bailed on the Project. I still have that thing around somewhere, would take me a very long time to find it!

I see you're in Canada. If you can find a good Exhaust shop, they can do wonders... Don't know what you have against Magnaflow, but parts aren't that expensive, and the right guy can rig up a killer system for you for a lot less than you'd think, and a lot less than some expensive pre-fab system where you can't pick out your individual components. Or you can drive down to Oregon and I'll send you over to my guy...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same Nissan, mine is the Coupe. I bought a pipe from Racingline 10 years ago which eliminated the front Cat. But when we got the car up on the Lift, the whole project just didn't make sense and the RL pipe looked flat and narrow, so I bailed on the Project. I still have that thing around somewhere, would take me a very long time to find it!

I see you're in Canada. If you can find a good Exhaust shop, they can do wonders... Don't know what you have against Magnaflow, but parts aren't that expensive, and the right guy can rig up a killer system for you for a lot less than you'd think, and a lot less than some expensive pre-fab system where you can't pick out your individual components. Or you can drive down to Oregon and I'll send you over to my guy...
I’m on Manitoulin island in Ontario right now. It’s the middle of nowhere shop wise, would be 2++ hour drive to any shop that specializes in exhaust... which I’m open to but I’d need to stay and wait while the work is done.

I’m not talking down magnaflow specifically, I more or less mean I don’t want to dump money into the exhaust system of a 12 year old car that isn’t even a manual. When I get my next car (hopefully G37S) a couple years down the line I’m open to it. I NEED to replace the Y-pipe and some decent straight through mufflers would be a bonus if I can get a good deal.

I don’t think any exhaust shop would have a y-pipe specific to an 08 3.5 altima sitting around, that’s why I’m here mainly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts