The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help, I guess throughout the searches I’ve made, the y pipe for the 05-06 se r m/t and a/t differs ?? Is there anyway I can either find a y pipe for a a/t or if I get the m/t what modifications have to be done for good Fitment

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,021 Posts
I thought it was just the headers that different slightly due to mount changes between the two. Personally, I'd get something like a magnaflow 49568 and have a shop replace the catalytic converter with some stainless pipe and a new flange...voila...Y-pipe. Most of the y-pipe HP gains come from the cat delete anyways and you can be sure of the quality of the Magnaflow built for the rest. Might want to source a suitable stainless flange for them to weld on...or you'll likely get regular steel. You'll still pass the tailpipe test as the precats are pretty efficient on this car when warmed up...and there is no metering of the main cat...so no CEL to worry about.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought it was just the headers that different slightly due to mount changes between the two. Personally, I'd get something like a magnaflow 49568 and have a shop replace the catalytic converter with some stainless pipe and a new flange...voila...Y-pipe. Most of the y-pipe HP gains come from the cat delete anyways and you can be sure of the quality of the Magnaflow built for the rest. Might want to source a suitable stainless flange for them to weld on...or you'll likely get regular steel. You'll still pass the tailpipe test as the precats are pretty efficient on this car when warmed up...and there is no metering of the main cat...so no CEL to worry about.

i actually work for Nissan and I checked with my parts guy. According to Nissan, the whole exhaust system differs. Two different part numbers show up and every time I try to search up websites to find these parts and all of them say only for manual trans. I should just do a m/t swap lol

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,021 Posts
Yes you should. Totally different animal with a stick.

I still think the decent aftermarket Y-pipes with a little custom work between the 'ghost' cat and the resonator pipe...if you even keep that, will do you fine.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes you should. Totally different animal with a stick.

I still think the decent aftermarket Y-pipes with a little custom work between the 'ghost' cat and the resonator pipe...if you even keep that, will do you fine.
Thank you sir. Much appreciated for your feedback

1 - 5 of 5 Posts