The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I took them off, that was easy as hell, but that damn sticky crap is a pain and Goo Gone doesn't do jack for it. So I went up to Napa and ask the guy for Megiuars clear coat blah blah thing and they didn't have it. So the guy gave me some 3M stuff and said this should be pefect. So I am using it and hey its taking it off, so I keep using it but oh wait its also slowly taking my paint off. So now I have a big ass ugly noticable "fade" where my moldings should be. Dammit :mad:

·
788 Posts
You should have just gone to a body shop and had them use the rubber wheel that is for taking off pinstripe stickers and EXACTLY what you're trying to remove...They'll help you.

Out.

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nonono not the pinstripe. I took that off a long time ago, I am talking about the things towards the bottom of your car that is supposed to protect your door from dings and stuff. Mine already had a huge chuck out of it and I saw a pic of a alty without it and thought it looked better so I thought I would give it a try.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Um...I think he understand what you're trying to do. He's telling you that the same spinny wheel thingy used to take off pin stripes will take that stick stuff you found under your plastic side mold thingamabobs.

·
8,809 Posts
ALTIMAPIMP93 said:
Um...I think he understand what you're trying to do. He's telling you that the same spinny wheel thingy used to take off pin stripes will take that stick stuff you found under your plastic side mold thingamabobs.
rofl

very technical ;)

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Octane said:
Correctol.:p

Out.
Ohhhh ok I got ya now :D
and I forgot to mention theres also this pink stuff that wont come out. Maybe its primer? I'm going to wax and buff the hell out of it and maybe everything will blend in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts