The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some research about replacing my OEM fog light bulbs to something wicked yellow to help me see better under bad weather conditions.

So far, I've narrowed it down to Polarg Pure Yellow (50-60bucks) and PIAA Ion Yellow (70-80bucks). Does anyone own any of these bulbs for their fog lights? If so, do they give out enough light power to shine the road or is it just yellow and not much else?

My objective is to get bulbs that produce good output on the road for my fog lights. If it's just yellow and throws less light power than my OEM bulbs, then I'd rather not change it.

So if you own the aforementioned bulbs, please tell us your experience.

Also, I've searched the forum, but I don't see anything about how to replacing bulbs.

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
I just helped Makaveli24 install his new yellow foglight's AGAIN last night. He went from Mtech's to PIAA's, and I must say these bulbs are the shit! He even has the 8000k HID kit and the yellow still shows on the ground greatly! I recommend the PIAA's. Hopefully he'll see this thread and respond as well.

·
Been here way too long...
2,651 Posts
^^ hey u help me fix my car..i help u fix ur comp :p

but yea..the piaa's are a great improvment from my mtec bulbs...i bought them used for 40 bucks so just shop around and u wont have to spend more than that for them...its gonna be yellow when it hits the ground..but still have that rainbow effect when ur looking directly at the fogs...im trying to get that lexus look where the fogs are yellow all the way but id prob have to change the housing

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I will shop for the PIAA Ion Yellow or Ion crystals. Hey Kaze101, how did you replace those fog bulbs? Can you describe it step by step or is it available somewhere in this forum?

·
aim: Nism025
1,680 Posts
The bulbs???? You turn to the left and the bulb comes out, and then you repeat vice-a-versa w/ the new bulbs to secure them in the housing. Sorry if that's not what you're referring to. We took the bumper off too tho.

·
STi Driving Member
1,339 Posts
Here's some pics of mine with the PIAA Ion's... These were taken with my Sony Camcorder and the pics really don't capture the color that well... I have since taken the bulbs off but may put them back on in a few weeks. If I do, I'll take some new pics of them with my new Digi-Cam (Sony F828).

They are a lot more yellow than they appear in the pics. But they are not as yellow as the Lexus IS300 fogs. :(

·
Registered
198 Posts
Everyone interested in yellow fog bulbs should check out this thread:
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=170069

Turns out there are no REAL yellow bulbs currently being made anymore. They are all regular bulbs with yellow coating. But if you just want the yellow fog look like IS300s, the IS300 foglight is just colored yellow, so a coated yellow bulb is just as bad as what they have.

·
Loki
152 Posts
I was wanting to replace my fog bulbs with crystal ions, but after talking to PIAA about it they said the bulb size is the same as other headlight bulbs and the us govenment won't let them import the yellow bulbs that size, but I hear there is a company selling them here in the states, but I can't remember who was importing them.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts