The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those that wanted to know. I bolted on the variable intermittant wiper stalk into my 97 today and it worked perfectly. I did not need to change the time control unit. It was plug and play for this piece. Ok I said it all, have a great day!

·
Hello my name is Distance
6,028 Posts
:repost: but thanks for telling us again.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
easy, took me less than 10 minutes to swap em. Loosen the 4 screws keeping the clam shell plastic on the steering column. Pop the top part off and there it is, held on by 2 screws. Take those out, remove the connector and pull the stalk out. Put the new stalk in and reverse the removal steps. Easy. I dont have another one laying around though. Sorry.

·
Parting out '95 GXE
585 Posts
it does sound easy... and i was just complaining about my wipers the other day... anyone know how much the part is at the dealer??? thanks

·
R.I.P. 97 Altima :(
616 Posts
For sum reason variable intermittant wiper doesnt make sense. I know ive seen it, prolly talked about it. Can ya refresh my memory?? This reminds me of the time I forgot how to spell (see). Im to young to have a slipping memory.

·
Deviate from the norm
132 Posts
Cool...

I'm not surprised though. Most (all?) cars come pre-wired for every option possible to save the cost of making several different wiring harnesses for the same car. My '96 Cobra coupe was wired for a power convertible top. That would be one of the tougher accessories to add though! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts