The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok. here's my question. i've been thinking about it alot and came up with this. Will the crank seal definitely need replacing after the pulley install? I've never had an oil leak there before. Will it definitely start leaking if i replace the pulley? Not a big deal if i have to replace it. Just don't want the darn thing to start leaking because i messed w/ it. let me know. thanx~ ed

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
it is only 8 bux, replace it. it'll take u a good hour to get everything off when it do start leaking. it is inevitable. just replace it.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
^ yup yup, i would never NOT do something that could be done in five minutes if i can do it when its available and not covered up. does that make sense?

·
Keepin' It Real
726 Posts
Ya...that makes sense....Do it at the same time bro...

It will save you time in the long run!!!

I helped a friend of mine do his and we did it at the same time because we didnt want to run into problems down the road and you should do the same.

Peace,

Shawn

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
there was a horror story i remember about a guy who didn't replace his seal. it just totally gave when he was turning a corner. rear wheel ran over the oil. but i guess he didn't lose control too bad. i think i read it here. u may wanna search for that story.

·
The Saga Continues......
3,303 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i'll definitely change the seal. so u just use a flat head screw driver and pry the sucker out?

·
Registered
117 Posts
CoLoSSuS said:
Ya...that makes sense....Do it at the same time bro...

It will save you time in the long run!!!
I changed my pulley a week ago but didnt change the seal, now I have a leak. just do it right the first time

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
Stillen23 said:
i'll definitely change the seal. so u just use a flat head screw driver and pry the sucker out?
yep.

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
no you dont have to drain the oil, BUT if you just installed a new pulley on an actual 1995 engine, you should have changed it at that time... now youre doing double work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts