The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, just to let you know I live in Southern Manitoba. It has been really cold here this winter (as some may already know). Well yesterday, my thermostat readout on that little module thingy on the dash would not read the temperature below -30 C (-22 F). It defaulted with lines across the screen. Anyhow, I do not know if any of you have experienced that before but I laughed my ass off. So just to let you all know, your computer will not read below that temperature unless my particular Altima is sensitive to those temperatures :bawl:. I am just glad I could help in discovering the Altima's limitations, in regards to temperature read-out. Not to mention all the fluids (steering, transmition, brake etc.) made the car drive like a tank! :angry3: It still drove though... I tell ya, I cannot wait to get out of here!

Take care...

- Nic
:dunno:

·
Registered
50 Posts
re:

DAMN ! that`s cold !

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Love those -30C days. It'll take the auto transmission 2-3 sec more to lock to the gears. Brakes doesn't really work. You'll need both hands to get the steering going.

No to mention the cold leather actuall can burn your ass and scrapping ice off all the windows.

·
*Really New Member*
1,095 Posts
damns thas cold...thas some nippling weather :D

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for feeling my pain guys...lol

I dont like anymore than the next guy! :)

- Nic

·
Registered
256 Posts
yah i like in canada too, tell me about it, it sucks, i get insta-nipplitis, as soon as i step out side on those days, it got down to -37 one day in edmonton :( reallllly shitty...

·
Frozen Member
1,326 Posts
Nic said:
Well, just to let you know I live in Southern Manitoba. It has been really cold here this winter (as some may already know). Well yesterday, my thermostat readout on that little module thingy on the dash would not read the temperature below -30 C (-22 F). It defaulted with lines across the screen. Anyhow, I do not know if any of you have experienced that before but I laughed my ass off. So just to let you all know, your computer will not read below that temperature unless my particular Altima is sensitive to those temperatures :bawl:. I am just glad I could help in discovering the Altima's limitations, in regards to temperature read-out. Not to mention all the fluids (steering, transmition, brake etc.) made the car drive like a tank! :angry3: It still drove though... I tell ya, I cannot wait to get out of here!

Take care...

- Nic
:dunno:
Nic - I live in Winnipeg. Mine hasn't screwed up like that yet, but it does go lower than -30!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Holy frozen testes batman. thats really cold. do you plug your engine block in at night? and i thought it was cold in vermont. I went to alaska once it was cold there up in the artic circle. very cold, and all the parking lots had lil posts w/ 2 plugs on each side to plug the cars into in the winter.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NO worries guys I have a block heater, same with unleaded...plus I have a battery warmer...lol and an automatic car starter... I am prepared. No worries there. Unleaded... it has dropped down to -55 C (-67 F) with the windshield here! lol. Anyhow I still have all my "parts" and the car is still kicking. Just thought I would let you know the limitations on the "cold end" of the spectrum.

Take care...

- Nic

·
Frozen Member
1,326 Posts
Nic said:
NO worries guys I have a block heater, same with unleaded...plus I have a battery warmer...lol and an automatic car starter... I am prepared. No worries there. Unleaded... it has dropped down to -55 C (-67 F) with the windshield here! lol. Anyhow I still have all my "parts" and the car is still kicking. Just thought I would let you know the limitations on the "cold end" of the spectrum.

Take care...

- Nic
for sure - the car starter was the first mod i made - first week i had the car! i have a battery blanket too, just haven't had time lately to install. even if i wanted to my garage isn't heated so i would have to wait until it warmed up anyway. yeah, last night was crazy cold with the wind.

you have to let the car warm up pretty good - i started out cold one day; it took a few miles for it to shift from 3rd to 4th because the tranny fluid was so cold.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"WTF do you have to start warming up your car a day before you want to use it? and I thought it was cold in NY. I'm movin' to Cali."

Nickjx,

LOL... have fun in Cali while unleaded and I freeze or "parts" off!

:D

- Nic

·
*Altimate member*
206 Posts
dang it's
66 degrees here tonight
and am freezing mah
rear can't wait till
the sun comes up and warms
to 86-88 degree
btw we had a record low i think last
week for the month of january
61 degrees buurrrhhhhh!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Cant talk...cant type...must stay warm...

- Nic

1 - 20 of 20 Posts