The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I have been reading everything I can about my altima and would like to know your choice for a headunit $250.00 or less, i been looking at the pioneers and also found a jvc. I will consider anything, i don't care about looks, i don't need organic display or swiss army popout display just a good sub compatable heaunit. right now my car is fully disasembled just waiting for the headunit.

oh and any recomendations for front speakers that will fit with little mods?

·
1 Slow Auto
651 Posts
I know Pioneer has some decent decks....not too sure about JVC....Kenwood has a few nice ones as well ...check the Kenwood KDC X869 or X969....Alpine makes nice decks too Alpine 9811, 9813 or 9827 9831....there is also Clarion DXZ 845....those are all nice decks...

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
AnotherAutoAltima said:
hello I have been reading everything I can about my altima and would like to know your choice for a headunit $250.00 or less, i been looking at the pioneers and also found a jvc. I will consider anything, i don't care about looks, i don't need organic display or swiss army popout display just a good sub compatable heaunit. right now my car is fully disasembled just waiting for the headunit.

oh and any recomendations for front speakers that will fit with little mods?
I like the alpine choice.

or the clarion

·
Über
7,173 Posts
can't go wrong with alpines :) I've owned 2 of 'em now and never had any problems w/ em. one in '82 mercedez benz and 9827 in my alty of course :) May not be best of looks but I really like their features on their newer models ;) I don't really wanna say I prefer alpine over any other brand cuz I never compared to say a pioneer, jvc, etc... I just plain like alpine :)

·
Registered
692 Posts
we sell a bunch, among them are panasonics and kenwoods. could probly get yo ua pretty good deal on one of those if your interested.

·
I AM LEGEND
10,874 Posts
Pioneer or Alpine.I prefer Pioneer.

JVC decks dont really have great options.
I had one and put in an old Pioneer DEH1000 deck and
it sounded so much better than the newer JVC ever did.

Stay way from from JVC and Awai

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
how about the alpine 9825, as far as im concerned who needs more then 18 watts running to each speaker, besides im having trouble finding 4x6 speakers capable of handling 50 watts or more. in future i might make kickpanels but for the time being i want it stealthy.

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
don't mean to thread jack, but for those of you that replaced the :vomit: cd/cassette player:
did you buy:
aftermarket double din
cd player + eq (to fill in the gap)
cd player w/some kind of plastic gap filler

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bought the alpine 9825 its ****ing sweet , got apline 5x7"speakers up front normals in rear and it kicks. just finished installing all the trim.

Heres my list of stuff I have Installed

Alpine 9825 Headunit $250.00
Nissan Wiring Harness $25.00
Nissan Antenna Adapter $9.00
Alpine speakers 200watt peak 40watt rms $unknown combo deal
Metro dash trim kit $38.00

My total with taxes was $469.00 I think I did alright

my next goal is to do the rear alpines, replace my battery with a yellow top, run thick gauge wire to the back, then figure out the subs. I would like to go with beyond audio inhumans but they went out of business, I wanted to support a fellow canuck builder whos subs will beat w7's oh well. I guess I will do two or three w7, probably in a wood box but might fibreglass. boom boom

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
AnotherAutoAltima said:
bought the alpine 9825 its ****ing sweet , got apline 5x7"speakers up front normals in rear and it kicks. just finished installing all the trim.

Heres my list of stuff I have Installed

Alpine 9825 Headunit $250.00
Nissan Wiring Harness $25.00
Nissan Antenna Adapter $9.00
Alpine speakers 200watt peak 40watt rms $unknown combo deal
Metro dash trim kit $38.00

My total with taxes was $469.00 I think I did alright

my next goal is to do the rear alpines, replace my battery with a yellow top, run thick gauge wire to the back, then figure out the subs. I would like to go with beyond audio inhumans but they went out of business, I wanted to support a fellow canuck builder whos subs will beat w7's oh well. I guess I will do two or three w7, probably in a wood box but might fibreglass. boom boom
I also have the 9825 and I can also tell you its awsome. YOu really paid 250?? did you get it when I first came out?

I got mine 5 months ago for 165.

if it cost 250 you must have the 9827 which does mp3.

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
Average said:
go with pioneer shit face. ive had alpine before and the pioneer works much better shit face.
Comeone man Lets get along here. I think Alpine and pioneer are both good brands. some have/ like others better. I have both pioneer and alpine. I like them both. The only reason I think the alpine is a little better is there controls. overall in my oppion they both make nice headunits.

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
Alpine > Pioneer. and $475 for that is crazy. I paid $175 for my 9805 (same as the 9825) and installed it for like $30. good decks though. phh, 18 watts to the speakers, i know people pushing 200w RMS per side.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts