The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
TopNotch FL President
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched for a while on this subject and came up with very little to add anything to my decision. Therefore, I am asking this in OT because I have not seen many posts about NOS in the respective nitrous/turbo forum. I have a ZEX dry kit with about 5-6 jets (30-75) complete with everything including a pressure gauge but no purge and the kit is brand new. I also have a NOS kit with 50,60,70 shot jets with purge and no pressure gauge but the kit is used. I know a lot of people say that a wet kit is best but I only plan to spray occasionally so it is of little importance to me. I noticed that the ZEX looks much easier to install and it offers a lot of upgrades. The NOS kit is respected in the industry because it has been around for quite a while and it is dependable but it has more relays then the ZEx because of the management unit. Any insight would be great. I only want to keep one kit and the other I will be selling. So I guess my main question is which would be best suited for the Altima?

·
Erect Member
18,126 Posts
way wrong forum but you know that. they both have their pros and cons. zex is self contained with the wot switch already integrated. therefore its the easiest to use. problem with zex is that they overrate the hp shot. for example, a 50 is really about a 35 or 40. also, if you lose one solenoid in the zex kit, you have to replace the complete module. nos is much like nx, separate solenoids and lines from everything else. biggest difference that i know of with nos and nx is that one is metric and one isnt. i have the nx kit and i like it alot. 20 bottles on a 75 shot and the solenoids are still going strong.

·
donor cycle
14,572 Posts
I doubt I'll ever own another NOS system. It was the biggest pain in the ass to hook up compared to ANY other system I have installed, and I had to rebuild the solenoids all the time. Never had to with my current zex system or my past nx system.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts