The Nissan Club banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Tim,

I will try it again tomorrow afternoon as im not gonna do it at 10 at night in the dark. But I appreciate the pics. I will relay to you on how it turns out tomorrow and hopefully it works out.

Thanks for going out of your way and posting pics!

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
what about the other wire that is suppose to be grounded? the instructions said to ground a second wire from the harness. I don't have the info in front of me to specify the wires. But the pics do help, I think i'm tapping into the wrong harness.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Shawn,

You can try it Tims way and you can try it my way. As you can see I have the Blue with Black and Gray on the Car Harness grounded which is the second wire you are referring to. However I am going to try Tims way tomorrow and see if it works and then if it fails I will go back to my way that I had and check the connections and reprogram it as I knew that worked but I am trying Tims first to see if it works

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
I'll keep an eye on your update. If you can, take pics of yours too so we all can compare. You can't shit about this when you google search it with good details.

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
But looking at the pics, i think with my 4th gen, the harness is different. Here are my 3 harnesses, and neither look like the one that Tim spliced into

·
Registered
860 Posts
But looking at the pics, i think with my 4th gen, the harness is different. Here are my 3 harnesses, and neither look like the one that Tim spliced into

Ours might be different, mine is a 2005 third gen. I dont recall grounding anything else. I will have to find the instructions off the axxess website to compare. If I did ground something, I have no idea what it could be. All I showed you was how I wired the axxess itself.

Anywho, I figured I might post this as well. I made a universal ground at this point. All my grounds in the dash share it.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Okay, I found a link to the vehicle application guide for the axxess. have you guys looked at this yet?

I remember this being a little hard to find because its not just there to click on. This will be the solution for both of you. Just put in your model and it tells you exactly which colors. This is the guide I used to install mine.

http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=16

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'll keep an eye on your update. If you can, take pics of yours too so we all can compare. You can't shit about this when you google search it with good details.
I searched and searched for this thing tons of time no matter what I put in it gave me nothing. I feel your pain. I will post of pictures of what I did and I will make a how to for this thread also if I find the time so hopefully it will help other people out.

However touching on the 3 Harness you refer to. We have 1 for the Climate Controls. 1 for the Antenna and 1 for the Radio. The Wires I said on the ones I connected to harness refer to the car harness that plugs into the Metra Adapter for the Stero. The Wires that I say (Harness) are wires that are featured on stock car harness. I T-Tapped into.

Also with the Grounds that the Wires have to get grounded to. I took the Grounds for the Metra Black Wire and the Blue with Black and Gray and T-Taped them and combined them and then t-tappad them into the ground on the 12 V Plug in the Console Box so I can ensure I was getting a good ground!

Okay, I found a link to the vehicle application guide for the axxess. have you guys looked at this yet?

I remember this being a little hard to find because its not just there to click on. This will be the solution for both of you. Just put in your model and it tells you exactly which colors. This is the guide I used to install mine.

http://axxessinterfaces.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=16
Also in reference to that. The Manual they gave me didnt work.I connected what they said in the booklet that they provied with the Axxess and it didnt work. If you look closely the Pins they refer to do not line up with the corresponding wire that they say. Its hard to explain but I am going to try your way first and see how it comes out, then I am going to try my way and take pic of both and see which one works and try and make a write up on it.

They just say what Pin the wire is not the actual color of the wire and people seem to hook them up backwards or fail to find the right pin. It would save people alot of trouble if they just said what color wire on the stock harness then the PIN they want you to connect them too

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
i have the axxess instructions for my car already, but the instructions aren't very clear on some of the wiring.

·
Registered
860 Posts
What year cars do you both have?

One thing to note is that the pin configuration is shown if as if your looking at the front of the plug. So if you have it flipped facing away to look at the wires, the pins are on the opposite side of the picture

Tooslow - Are you looking at the paper instructions or the website ones? Take a look at the one I provided as it might be different. I remember NOT using the paper one for whatever reason. I looked at my guide found in the link I provided and mine is quite clear. It tells me which wire from the aswc goes to which wire on the harness. Also, you were right, I DO have to ground a second wire. I just didn't notice when I was looking behind my dash. I am positive I did it.

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
mine is an 07. If you read the instructions, the thing I think that is messing with mine is this part in the instruction

5) Connect pin 15 of the vehicles harness to chassis ground. You may use the same
chassis ground as the black wire.
Now the problem with this is, they don't tell you if you need to splice into the wire and ground it, or do you need to cut the wire and ground it out completely.

·
Registered
860 Posts
mine is an 07. If you read the instructions, the thing I think that is messing with mine is this part in the instruction

Now the problem with this is, they don't tell you if you need to splice into the wire and ground it, or do you need to cut the wire and ground it out completely.
I spliced into mine. Either way it shouldn't make a difference though since the plug isn't attached to anything anyways.

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
on mine, all my plugs are plugged into something. But i'll double check this weekend. Saturday is going to be my stereo diagnostic day

·
Registered
860 Posts
on mine, all my plugs are plugged into something. But i'll double check this weekend. Saturday is going to be my stereo diagnostic day
Hmmm. Yeah, with mine(2005). I only had to use the main harness. The little one I didn't need to use other than to make my steering wheel controls work.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have been MIA lately do to some family issues however I got around to testing this out and I have come out to no luck again. I did the way I mentioned before and I got nothing at all. Thought it was the ground as well but I chassis grounded it and still no luck. I Tired Tims way and also my way I listed before and I got nothing at all. How did you make out shawn? I am at a loss it worked now it doesnt at all! I tried resetting it and all different types of connecting the wires and I got nothing just wanted to update you guys!

·
Super Moderator
14,453 Posts
No luck yet. Gonna take the entire dash apart this weekend, and try to wire in the wires further back on the harness. I was told the wires may be too close to the radio

·
Registered
103 Posts
I will do the same as well. Im gonna play with some wires again as I did have it working one time. Honestly I am starting to believe it maybe something with my module at this point. I even Reset it everytime! I shouldnt have to run the program to re-isntall back into a vechile if it has already been reset! But i will keep you upadated as well on how mine goes as well keep me in the loop, I find it very annoying that Metra markets this to work for the Altima and a majority of the people are running into problems even with there "support"

·
Registered
2 Posts
I need some help..I hope someone can help me,I am replacing my stock stereo to aftermarket (pioneer) stereo,installation to the stereo I have no problem,I just want to keep the steering wheel control.manual for RC is quite confusing so i just want to know if anyone have tried installing steering wheel control using PAC-SWl-RC how did you install it?

Thanks in advance:bigok:
well I installed swi-rc1 no problems
I need some help..I hope someone can help me,I am replacing my stock stereo to aftermarket (pioneer) stereo,installation to the stereo I have no problem,I just want to keep the steering wheel control.manual for RC is quite confusing so i just want to know if anyone have tried installing steering wheel control using PAC-SWl-RC how did you install it?

Thanks in advance:bigok:
I also bought pac swi-n11 to make the connections on bluetooth module under pass. seat

Attachments

21 - 39 of 39 Posts